Saturday 8 September 2012

Orbs - Chapter 2

Chapter Two



"Ouch! I think something bit me!"

I looked back at Amethyst. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," she said, nodding. "Just a spider."

I shivered, and continued on down the tunnel. Cobwebs were draped along the ceiling, a few dragging against my fur. This was definitely not the best thing that had happened today. It was interesting, yes, but nowhere near fun.

We kept on like that, crawling along and fighting off spiders, until there was a change in the path.

"Uhh, Am, there's a fork up ahead," I said.

She let out a surprised note. "Really? A fork? Who would leave their cutlery down here?"

I laughed. "No, not that type of fork. The tunnel splits off into two, so which do you think we should take."

"Definitely the one with the least cobwebs."

Only a few minutes later, we clambered out from the stuffy passage and into a dark room. The only light came from a flickering candle perched on a wall, but even that only managed to light up a very small area.

Amethyst wandered out from the tunnel opening and into the gloom. After three seconds, she had completely disappeared.

"Am? Are you okay?" I called hesitantly out into the darkness.

"I'm fine, Em. Stop worr-OWW!"

I panicked. "Am! Am! Where are you? Are you still conscious?"

I heard her laughter. "Yes, Em. I just tripped over something. It's no big deal, but come here anyway. There's something really strange which you and your sorcery books might be able to explain."

Blindly, I walked to where her voice was coming from. What was Am meaning by 'something which you and your sorcery books might be able to explain'? What did she find?

I eventually managed to stumble into Am. She reached up and handed me a kind of stone. Looking at it closely, I knew exactly what it was.

"This..." I trailed off breathlessly. "This is an ORB!"

I couldn't see Amethyst, but I knew she was intrigued.

"An orb as in those wand-things that are in your favorite book?"

I nodded. "Yes. The wizards used the orbs as wands. They could do all sorts of awesome spells. And guess what, Am! That book was the same one which gave me the clue to come here!"

"Hm. Maybe it's a real story, then," she said. "Anyway, so what do we do now?"

Shrugging, I said, "Well, maybe lets go back to the tunnel and leave. Since I'm staying over at your house for a sleepover, we could try and practice some spells with the orbs. Maybe tomorrow morning we could come back and explore some more."

"Good idea," said Am, standing up beside me, "Although, there is one slight issue..."

"Oh no, what is it?" I asked her.

"Well, where is the tunnel?"

I stared at her blankly. "Uh oh. This is not good."

For the next chapter, click HERE!

2 comments:

  1. What next week: ( come on already

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because Blu is not a super hero, she is putting a new chapter up every Saturday. (Our time!) She is writing this a chapter a week, so it's not pre-written and we are just making you wait. I hope you enjoy the story anyway! :-)

      Delete

Comment rules:
1. No offensive language, this includes swearing, racist stuff, etc. Anything that you think is rude, cant be said.
2. Please don't spam. This means YOU, edge. (otherwise known as wywywy, brodym etc)
3. Preferably no ads, unless it's to another pd blog or something.
4. Pandanda rules, follow them in the comments.