Monday 3 December 2012

Orbs - Chapter 7

There's a bit of action in this chapter. And a really, really cool cliffhanger. Muahahaha!


Chapter 7


"So," said Amethyst, walking down the rope bridge to my treehouse. "What do you think of the spy sphere?"

We were on our way back from the Big Scoop after our meeting with Breeze, and this was the first time we had been able to speak about the sorcery lesson earlier in the day.

"I think the thing we saw in my treehouse last week was one of them. After all, what else could it be?" I said.

Am shrugged. "I don't know. A UFO?"

"Yeah, that would be cool. Much cooler than the idea of wizards spying on us."

"Unless the aliens were sent by the wizards," Am pointed out. "Y'know, to save energy."

When we reached the door, I noticed a note stuck to the front. Amethyst grabbed it and read it out loud.

"'There's a meeting in Pawthorne Forest at midnight. See you there. -The Sorcerers'," Am glanced up to me. "Why didn't they tell us about this earlier?"

"Maybe something happened," I said.

"I don't know. It just seems strange."

"Let's go, though. It would be embarrassing to turn up to the next meet and have them asking why we weren't there," I said.

"I guess so. Anyway, I ordered the pizzas, and I'm thinking they'll arrive soon."

I opened the door. "Okeydokey. But did you remember to tell them that I don't want carrots on my pizza?"

"Yes, Em," said Am, rolling her eyes and coming into my treehouse. In her hand was the note from the door, which she put on a nearby table. Some little voice was nagging on in the back of my head that something bad might happen. I guess we would just have to see when it came around to midnight.



After munching down my carrot-free pizza, I played video games with Am, checking the clock every few minutes to see how long it was until midnight.

"You really have to stop doing that," said Am, dropping her controller after she won yet another game.

"Doing what?" I asked.

"Checking the clock. It's annoying, and you're continuosly losing to me. Winning gets boring after a while."

I sighed. "Sorry, Am. I'm just nervous. There's only twenty minutes to go until midnight."

"Twenty?" Am's eyes widened. "We should set off, then. It will take a while to walk there."



Amethyst and I trudged on down below the leafy canopy. The refreshing scent of trees and wet grass hung around in the air and my feet were already aching.

"What's the time?" Am asked me.

I looked down at my watch, then back up to the thick forest around me. "Two minutes to midnight."

Am picked a berry off a nearby bush. "It would've been better if Kite or whoever it was had written down exactly where to meet up."

"That's what I'm thinking too," I said, before coming to a stop. "Wait, is that berry poisonous or something?"

Amethyst looked down at it. "Probably."

She flicked it off into the trees and we continued on down the muddy path. Branches clung to my jumper, and sometimes I couldn't help but mistake them for arms.

"Pawthorne forest is a nice place by day, but seriously creepy by night," said Am, pushing a plant out of her way.

I was about to agree with her, when I spotted a light up ahead. "Am! That must be them!"

We sped up and burst into a well-lit clearing. Darkly-clad pandas stood around in a circle, and I could tell at first glance that these were no sorcerers.

"Welcome," said the one in the middle of the clearing. "Now, we'd like very much to talk to you right now, but sadly there's no time. The talking will have to wait."

"Are you wizards?" Amethyst asked bravely as one of the pandas came towards us. Personally, I was too scared to even move.

The 'leader' of this group smiled, revealing menacingly sharp teeth. "Yes, we're wizards. And I'm the famous Ormzusk! But I don't do autographs, sorry."

And that was the last thing I heard before the panda whispered a quick spell and I fell to the ground unconscious. This was, I guess you could say, a bad day.

Continued Soon...

1 comment:

  1. Hey I think it was unfair of henry to do that and remove the blogrool but your blog was still in my bookmark just thought I would pop by and say hi and i hope your ok

    ReplyDelete

Comment rules:
1. No offensive language, this includes swearing, racist stuff, etc. Anything that you think is rude, cant be said.
2. Please don't spam. This means YOU, edge. (otherwise known as wywywy, brodym etc)
3. Preferably no ads, unless it's to another pd blog or something.
4. Pandanda rules, follow them in the comments.